• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Things that can be used as deodorant

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDoorsAreOpen

Bluelight Crew
Every now and then I've found myself unable to shower and without a stick of deodorant for miles. I've been told that Gold Bond powder can be used as deodorant in a pinch, though it's not good to use it every day this way. I've also effectively used a spritz of cologne under each arm for this purpose, and it's more or less worked. But I don't like to wear fragrances.

What are some common household items one might use in a pinch in lieu of deodorant? Any wild plants or tree products?

baking soda, I'd imagine. Gold bond is useful for drying out the area to prevent the odor causing microbes from breeding and stinking up the joint. ;)

and please: not cologne or Patchouli oil. Nothing is worse than BO over scents.

^ concur

I say let it fly man. Who the fuck do you have to impress?

Today i had no deodorant and there's this girl who's got a 'thaaang' going on so I wanted to smell nice.

I went into the bathroom and sprayed some 'Sea Mist' air freshener under my arms . . . like just a little.

Then I came back and my workmate turns to this other girl and says "what's that perfume you have on it's great"

Little did he know it was me wearing toilet freshener Hahaha!

Last edited:
apple cider vinegar, rubbing alcohol, virtually anything that will kill bacteria, you can also rub a bar of soap under your damp armpits

Alum is commonly used as a deodorant here. I was just thinking to buy one recently, it seems like a fairly uncomplicated thing to use :)

i don't even use deodorant. i never hear people complain, though. it never really gets bad when i'm around people- i usually scrub really well in the shower. i've been thinking about getting a deodorant again- though, just not anti-perspirant. That stuff's bad.

i've used tea-tree powder a couple of times.

Baking soda works pretty well when you have nothing else on hand. Put some talcum powder on there too to absorb the moisture. Putting cologne on smelly armpits is one of the WORST things you can possibly do....

I say let it fly man. Who the fuck do you have to impress?

Some people dont like to smell like B.O. you know, and yes, not everybody can live without deodorant.8)

Baking soda works pretty well when you have nothing else on hand. Put some talcum powder on there too to absorb the moisture. Putting cologne on smelly armpits is one of the WORST things you can possibly do....

Some people dont like to smell like B.O. you know, and yes, not everybody can live without deodorant.8)
some people don't like rubbing aluminum all over their glands

and the hippie deodorant crap just doesn't work...it actually makes things worse cause your armpits swing wildly back and forth between smelling somewhat OK and then reeking.

If you don't use deodorant your body accustoms to it I've noticed and doesn't smell real bad (except in the summer when you're sweating outside all the time but then you're outside playing in the woods all the time so who cares?)

/samadhi's reasoning

and the hippie deodorant crap just doesn't work...it actually makes things worse cause your armpits swing wildly back and forth between smelling somewhat OK and then reeking.

I can testify against that. However, everyone (and every natural deodorant) is different.

corn starch, baby powder, those crystal deodorant sticks (last forever) and work really well for me

you can also add a few drops of essential oil to corn starch and it will smell good if you want smell - but by itself it works really well

some people don't like rubbing aluminum all over their glands

If you don't use deodorant your body accustoms to it I've noticed and doesn't smell real bad (except in the summer when you're sweating outside all the time but then you're outside playing in the woods all the time so who cares?)

/samadhi's reasoning

Hippie deodorant crap? What the hell are you talking about? You mean to say that DEODORANTS are now hippy crap? What planet are you from? 8) Oh, I get it. Your lambasting all the suggestions in this thread again from well meaning HL regulars just because it doesnt particularly agree with you. *rolls eyes*

The OP was asking for advice on ALTERNATIVES to deodorant since he cant get any...and we're all giving our suggestions. Lets just put it this way: YOU dont like rubbing aluminum under your armpits , or using baking soda. Fine we get it. But dont go lambasting everybody who gives an opinion, or calling just anyting you happen not to agree with "hippy crap."

Oh and for your information, yeah, everybody is different. So for some people, not using deodorant makes them smell BAD, unlike you for example. So yes, these people do care. :p

such animosity MC :D

Here's hippie deodorant crap:
wp_deodorant_naturalcrystal.jpg

Doesn't work. Actually makes you smell worse like shit in the long run.

Here's regular deodorant crap (contains aluminum for your rubbing on your glands pleasure):
047400006850_250.jpg

But, thanks for informing me that everybody is different. I am three years old so I don't have a lot of experience with the worldly ways of dealing with people you've exhibited in your post above :D

But, my problems about deodorant are actually much deeper than I intimate. It is symbolic really for everything I hate about our modern society. Forced to rub some shit into your armpits because everybody else is doing it pretending to be something different from the animals that we are.

ps but bring it MC I feel like fighting with you this morning hahaha :D

But, thanks for informing me that everybody is different. I am three years old so I don't have a lot of experience with the worldly ways of dealing with people you've exhibited in your post above

You seem to need reminding every now and then.

hahaha
the thai crystal deodorant works great for me!
but you have to wash your underarms BEFORE you use it or it won't work because it works by inhibiting growth of new bacteria - it doesn't kill the smelly bacteria or pheremones that are already under your arms

Status
Not open for further replies.